Covid Guidelines – Revised 8/29/2022
“I was glad when they said unto me, ‘Let us go into the house of the Lord.’’
~ Psalm 122:1
We are excited to be holding in-person worship services in our sanctuary on Sundays! We realize that some of us feel only joy at being able to worship together in-person, while others, though excited, are uncertain and anxious. We understand that as a large family, we are in different places. And so, in love, we want to offer guidelines that will help you know what to expect when you worship with us. These guidelines will continue to be updated as the environment changes. We hope these guidelines will allow you to feel protected, welcomed, and loved in our special worship space.
What will be the same?
- The worship format will continue to be our normal traditional format we have followed in the past
- Love, peace, joy and The Holy Spirit are all here
- The scriptures and the Good News
- You will be able to use the hymnals, Bibles, and attendance pads in your pew
What will be different?
- Masks are optional. This policy is in compliance with CDC guidance, given Middlesex County’s case status.
- Seating is open, except in the back pews, where every other pew is available for social distancing. Regardless, we encourage you to sit at an appropriate distant from others
- During Passing of the Peace, we encourage you to move around to greet others, including handshakes, hugs, and the like. We ask you to be respectful of personal space and read other people’s body language to understand how they wish to engage (not everybody is comfortable shaking hands, hugging, or conversing in close proximity).
- The choir or soloists may be pre-recorded, or “live” if standing at a recommended safe distance from the congregation.
- If you have a prayer to share, we request you write it on a prayer card and hand it to an usher.
- Offering will be collected at a specific time in worship with ushers moving through the sanctuary passing the offering plates.
- Children can come forward to sit on the altar steps for the children’s time that is held during the service.
- Nursery coverage is offered from September through June.
- Communion is offered during the first service and the first Sunday of the month at the second service. Communion will be held in the pews using pre-packaged elements.
- Coffee Hour will be held in the Fellowship Hall between the services.
- Sunday church school are held in person at 9:30 on Sundays. Adult Education classes are hybrid on Sundays (in-person and via Zoom) and via Zoom on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Please contact the church office if you wish to receive the link to any of the Zoom sessions.