“I was glad when they said unto me, ‘Let us go into the house of the Lord.’’
~ Psalm 122:1
We are excited to be holding in-person worship services in our sanctuary this September on Sundays at 9:00 am. We realize that some of us feel only joy at being able to worship together in-person, while others, though excited, are uncertain and anxious. We understand that as a large family, we are in different places. And so, in love, we want to offer guidelines that will help you know what to expect when you worship with us. These guidelines will continue to be updated as the environment changes. We hope these guidelines will allow you to feel protected, welcomed, and loved in our special worship space.
What will be the same?
- The worship format will continue to be our normal traditional format we have followed in the past
- Love, peace, joy and The Holy Spirit are all here
- The scriptures and the Good News
- You will be able to use the hymnals in your pew
What will be different (changes as of September 8 are highlighted in red)?
- Masks indoors are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status. This policy is in compliance with CDC guidance, given Middlesex County’s case status of red.
- Seating is open, except in the back pews, where every other pew is available for social distancing. Regardless, we encourage you to sit at an appropriate distant from others
- We ask you to be respectful of personal space (not everybody is comfortable shaking hands, hugging, or conversing in close proximity).
- We will remain in our pews for the passing of the peace and will greet one another with a wave or other gesture of peace.
- Worship leaders will be fully vaccinated.
- Soft singing will be allowed while masked.
- Soloists may be pre-recorded, or “live” if vaccinated and standing at a recommended safe distance from the congregation.
- If you have a prayer to share, we request you write it on a prayer card and drop it in the prayer basket as you enter the sanctuary or hand it to an usher.
- If you have an offering, you may place it in one of the offering plates as you enter or leave the sanctuary.
- Children will remain in their seats for the children’s time that is held during the service. We will not have nursery coverage at this time.
- Communion is offered during the service the first Sunday of the month. Communion will be held in the pews using pre-packaged elements.
- Coffee Hour will be held in the Fellowship Hall. Masks are required when not actively eating or drinking
- We request only one person / family in the bathroom at a time.